May Bullet Journal - Hello May and Hello Honne



May; the fifth month of 2018. I am shocked how fast is this year flying. April was a busy month for me and with moving into the new house and my driving lessons I don’t even know how fast it was over. I did my new monthly spread for the month of May literary last minute before the beginning of the month. Here is the brief overview; I hope you will enjoy it.

For the May I decided to go with grey scale and I got inspired by my favourite band Honne who is playing in Amsterdam this month. I am very excited to see them live again and my bullet journal reflects that perfectly. 

Hello May and Hello Honne. If you now wonder who is Honne and want to search for Andy and James on social media, type @hellohonne. You will find the official profiles of the band and stay up to date with their music.


The calendar or agenda is not very important for my bujo as I use my phone to stay on top of my appointments. But I like to write few events and important dates into my bullet journal so this simple and easy calendar is perfect. As a rule, I like to have an interactive page on one side and a visual one on the other. This picture of a woman watching waterfall is from a magazine like most of my bujo pictures. 



Those of you who follow me longer know how much I love circle mood trackers. I absolutely love the way they look when they are empty and even more at the end of the month when they are colourful. I also enjoy the process. I find the circle mood tracker great for the visualization of my moods. I also think I finally found the key that suits me well with only three moods – good, normal and bad. This May is about music that is why I decided to try a different type of a mood tracker. I found this inspiration on Instagram if you want to see the amazing original post go to @momdotlove and show her photos some love.
I decided to include the list of books I read during the month of May and the ideas for my blog articles - both boxes are inspired by amazing @piesnprose who you can also find on Instagram. This page was finalized with the photo of Andy and James and coffee… because good music and good coffee is a perfect combination.



The last spread for this month is a reflection. I really enjoy doing this section. @piesnprose bujo stories videos were also an inspiration for this box. It takes only a few minutes at the end of the month and it helps me to remember and process the things that happened or what I achieved and how I felt during the month.
I am always trying to match the photo on the page to the “reflexion” box. This one struck me particularly as a great match because the woman is taking off her fake mask and she is showing her real face. And this is what the reflection box should be like. My real thoughts. It will make even more sense if you google the meaning of the word “honne” you will find out that it is a Japanese word that  that describes the contrast between a person's true feelings and desires (本音 hon'ne, "true sound") and the behavior and opinions one displays in public (建前 tatemae, "built in front", "façade"). I don't don't think I could have found a better picture to match this definition. 

The last page of my May bullet Journal consists of a quote and reding tracker. I am not overly excited about quotes, but I like to include one to each month to complete the whole look. I also do my best to find the quote that matches the theme of the month. This month I also added a reading progress as well. I didn't do this last month and I kind of missed it. 

The whole May bullet journal is a tribute to my favourite band Honne. If you decide to listen to them let me know how did you like the music. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com