This or That? Answering some fundamental bookish questions.



Read how I faced some of the fundamental bookish questions which every reader comes across within their life. These questions about books are called This or That and I hope you can get to know me better. All of these answers are my own opinion and preference, and it doesn't mean that I only like the listed things. I love all the books and there are a lot of exceptions to the options that I present here. If the book is good, it is good - period.

Books, eBooks or Audio Books?
- Call me a dinosaur because I am a huge fan of the classic physical book. I also dislike online shopping and prefer to go to the stone bookshop to browse the shelves and see the books in person before buying them. Don't get me wrong, it is very nice to get the book delivered right to your door so what I do sometimes... and maybe it is not very nice of me... I go to a bookshop to look at which books I like and then order them online. Guilty!

Paperbacks or Hardcovers?
- Hardcovers all the way! They feel better in my hands. They feel valuable and important and I always keep them safe so they don't get damaged. It is hard to carry the hardcover around in the handbag so I do have some paperbacks too.

Fiction or Non-Fiction
- Fiction. Definitely. All of the fiction with magic and a made up world, different races or far in the future on the other planet... I read to escape the reality so the more different from the reality the book gets the more interested I am.

Series or Standalone?
- This is a hard question. I don't really have a preference but I read only one series at the time. I prefer to read standalone between the series parts. I read the Throne of Glass Series this year and I would like to finish it by the end of 2018.

Short Books or Long Books? (300 pages)
- I prefer short books. I feel like I read more if I get through two books a month than one long one. I also feel like they have more tension and better dynamic in the story and they do not fall into the boredom as often as books with more than 300 pages. But this is not always the rule and I do have favourite long books too.

Short Chapters or Long Chapters?
- I am not one of the bookies who have to stop reading at the end of the chapter or at the end of the page. I read a lot during my daily commute on the train and bus and I have to be able to close the book any minute so I am pretty comfortable to stop reading mid-sentence. I do not have any preference when it comes to the chapter lengths.

One Main Character or Group of Characters?
- I feel like I need to explain this. One Character would be for example Harry Potter where we see the story from his point of view and what he doesn't know we don't know either. Perfect example for Group of Main Character is Game of Thrones. Where different chapters have the story of different people. I think I prefer one character books, I feel as if there are a lot of characters I get lost who is who and how are they related. I am terrible with names too so if the character doesn't appear for some time I completely forget who they are. So annoying.

Female or Male Character
- I like a character I can relate to and that usually happens with female characters so I prefer that but here we have Harry Potter again standing out as a great exception to the rule.

First Person or Third Person Point of View?
- This one is easy. I love books written in the first person. It is so easy for me to relate to the main character this way. (FYI: Harry Potter books are my most favourite third person point of view books and my all times most favourite!)

Illustrated or Not Illustrated?
- This is a difficult one. Illustrations take parts of my fantasy away but then the world would be a very sad place without Allan Lee illustrated The Lord of the Rings books.

One book at the time or more book simultaneously?
-When I start reading I get so involved with characters and the story I don't want to break that with a different book. I am faithful to the one I am currently reading. Sometimes I get so into it I have book hangover for days and I can't pick my next read... so yeah... one book at the time.

If you enjoyed this article it would be great if you tell me your preference in the comments or on any other of my social media profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com