January Bullet Journal - Frozen January


The first monthly spread of this year is called – Frozen January. It is more rainy than frozen or snowy here in the Netherlands, but no one can stop me from wishful thinking. I decided to include some snowflakes and make the monthly spread blue and white to channel that frozen winter kingdom and also match my new Instagram theme.


Before we get to the January monthly spread, let’s have a quick look at the year pages. I haven’t done anything similar for 2018, but in 2019 I have decided to include a Bucket List and Monthly Questions.
Don’t get me wrong, I had a bucket list for 2018 I just kept it in my mind instead of writing it down. I didn’t think of the possibility to include it in my bullet journal. I found this idea on Pinterest and it was love at first sight. I knew I had to do this because it was cute and adorable. I also saw a journal that provides question a day for aspiring writers, but I felt that is too much for me, monthly questions seemed more doable. I started with ‘What is your vision for this year?’ and included several questions about my favourite things like food, music and closed with “One thing you have to let go of.” As a promise and inspiration for the next year.



Frozen January front page includes the snowflakes. Simple, minimalistic and cold. I have noticed that a lot of journalists decided to go with this theme for January so I feel like I joined some BuJo secret society. Next double page contains agenda or January calendar if you wish, which I decided to do in a different way compared to 2018. From a simple linear one, I went for the little boxes. I like the look of it but I already see it will not be practical for me as I struggle to write longer notes in the tiny squares.

Books I read in January and blog Ideas can’t miss in my monthly spread. I loved doing these in 2018 and I plan to continue. I am planning to use a different type of boxes and fonts in the upcoming months but I am currently looking for some inspiration. The photos I included on this page are from Pinterest and are as frozen as possible. Despite the fact that my Instagram is not about the number of followers but more about talking to them and I do not enjoy doing the followers track I do love to go back and see how my Instagram grew in the past, how many followers I gained in which month. And because I don’t usually pay attention to this it was a big surprise when I flipped through my 2018 BuJo. It is very interesting from the statistics point of view and the only reason why I decided to keep the record.


Mood tracker is my most favourite part of the bullet journal. I got inspiration from Pinterest and I am in love with it. You all know that I loved the circle tracker in 2018 but I think that for this year I have a new favourite thing. It doesn’t look that amazing right now, but I plan to show it off when it is completed so tune in for the photo or video on my Instagram if you want to see this simple, yet pretty picture. The frozen kingdom needs a ruler and the ruler needs a castle I hope that the photos on the left page give you the snow queen vibes.

The last section of my bullet journal includes reflection box. I do this each month. I don’t like to keep a diary, but a brief summary of what this month was like is a great way to count my blessings or think about improvements for the next month. The reading tracker can’t be missing! This one is really simple. Coloured square for the days when I sat down with an opened book and white for those without a book. Some more frozen pictures and ideas what to do in my free time to keep me occupied when it is too cold to go outside… I haven’t done any colouring in a long time.


I hope this article gave you some inspiration for your bullet journal. You can always talk to me about journaling and if you want to see more find me on Instagram. I do monthly videos and flip through of my bullet journal. I love talking to people and I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com